12.6.08

Reef Blower!


I took a job working maintenance on campus for the summer and beyond. I feel kind of stupid because had I known I was going to take this road I could have started a week sooner. But I am happy and thankful for everyone who was praying for the job situation. The pay isn't great and I have to wear pants (as in no shorts) in the heat, but I am looking forward to working outside and maybe shedding a few pounds this summer. And who knows maybe I'll find out just how tan I can get (or red, I'm not sure).

This morning was my third day on the job and definately the most enjoyable. I walked outside and found Cecil at 7:00 and then waited until 8:00 for something to do. I was introduced to edging with a weed eater, not the easiest of tasks. But I lost no toes, so that's good. Right before I finished for the day I got to play with a leaf blower. If you have seen the SpongeBob episode "Reef Blower" you can imagine the fun I was having.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

are you squidward? take your time...

becca said...

nice spongebob references.

and in response to your comment, sometimes it's just easier to rant and get things off your chest when no one reading it knows who you are talking about. kwim?

Sean said...

what does kwim mean?