8.5.08

Here goes my virginity...

Well, maybe I'll keep up with this and it won't turn into something I start and never finish (e.g. emailing old friends, textbooks, scrap booking my Europe trip, adding more recipes to my cookbook, organizing my beads, playing guitar, reading the Bible, diets, exercising, fixing the hole in the bathroom wall, the to-do list on my computer, programming my Blackjack, backing up all my files and photos, this list could go on and on). I have to admit that I was against blogging at first. Thinking of blogging just gave me some anxiety, the pressure to be funny and witty. I mean come on, is there anything worse than reading a boring blog? You sit there and think to yourself, "I just wasted precious moments of my TV watching to read that crap?" (not that I've ever said that about your blog before). Okay, I suppose there are worse things, like when the internet goes down or when you want ice cream and the empty carton is in the freezer. A little side note, Laurel just said my blog was boring, UGH!
I think I have made a decision about my summer job conundrum. I think I'm going to look for a horrible minimum wage job. I figure from here on out I'll probably be doing counseling, and this may be my last chance to have a "oh, yeah I did that one summer" kind of job. I've already done video and grocery stores, but I'm not sure if I'm up to fast food. Maybe I can find a job at a miniature golf course and yell at kids for hitting the clown face on hole eight or something. I think part of this revelation of mine also has to do with the fact that I'm surrounded by Christians. I mean no offense to you guys, but it makes evangelism kind of hard--like going to a family reunion looking for a date (never again!). I just finished the How to be a Contagious Christian class on Wednesday nights and didn't get much out of it because my impact list consisted of people who live a minimum of 2 hours away. I need to spread my wings before they whither and fall off. I'm not sure what else to say for my first blog. So I'll leave you with two things. First is a list of five random songs from my mp3 player (a fun idea I ripped off a blog much cooler than mine) and a random thought.

Five Random Songs from my non-ipod device.
1. Some Might Say-Oasis
2. Fly From the Inside-Shinedown
3.The Kids Aren't Alright-The Offspring
4.The New York Times-Everclear
5. Paralyzing Kings-10 Years

(For you who have never heard of any of these, they are in a song, artist format)

Random Thought:

"Rub a monkey's tummy, Rub a monkey's tummy with your head"--Sideways Stories from Wayside School

4 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Well, you could work at Starbucks. They pay a little above minimum wage, but the benefits are fantastic!!! And of course, you work with all sorts of interesting people. Rusty could tell you lots of stories! :)

Laurel said...

I only said your blog was boring because you hadn't posted anything yet...

Rachel Baker said...

I like your blog. And I've never heard of any of those songs.

Juli Page Morgan said...

Geez, what a boring blog! :D Kidding!! What, no Zeppelin on your non-iPod device? (BTW, Laura has a good suggestion up there. Starbucks would be perfect for you. Your sister-in-law says it doesn't totally suck, and she doesn't even drink coffee.)